After launching the National Digital Economy Policy and Strategy (NDEPS) at the 11th edition of the eNigeria conference and exhibition 2019 by President Muhammadu Buhari, GFCR, in 2020, the President declared 24th October as Digital Nigeria Day, and it was celebrated that year. The Digital Nigeria Day is a day designated to promote the development of the Digital Economy in Nigeria. To Commemorate the 2021 Digital Nigeria Day, National Information Technology Development Agency (NITDA) has rebranded its eNigeria conference and exhibition to Digital Nigeria Conference and Exhibition and is organizing a 5-day conference and exhibition.
The Digital Nigeria Conference and Exhibition is a veritable platform for creating awareness, developing appropriate frameworks, and setting goals for best practices in Information and Communications Technology (ICT) for Nigeria. The aim of the conference is to brainstorm on contemporary IT issues of relevance across the globe to address Nigerian challenges for sustainable socio-economic development. The conference and exhibition have seen steady growth with participation from different stakeholders from both the public and the private sector organisations.
Accordingly, this maiden edition is designed to focus on bringing together the Government, Academia, Tech Ecosystem, Venture capitalists, Corporates, and Entrepreneurs to exhibit the Nigerian talents and chart new ways to achieve economic prosperity through the utilization of Digital Technologies in Nigeria. The theme for Digital Nigeria 2021 is, therefore, “Digital Transformation: Pathway to Sustainable Digital Economy,” while the sub-themes are as follows:
- Digital Transformation – Digital policies, human capital, infrastructure, and relevant initiatives as requisites to building digital Nigeria
- Data Protection and National Security – NDPR: Evolution and evaluation of data security in Nigeria; Information and insights to harnessing data to solve insecurity problems
- Emerging Technologies – Adoption of emerging technologies towards building a Digital Nigeria; Threats and opportunities of digital currencies for the Nigerian economy
- Digital Inclusion – Nigerian digital footprints for digital economic prosperity
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship – Innovative exploration in creating digital enterprises; Nigerian start-up ecosystem
The conference, scheduled to hold between 28th to 30th October 2021, is expected to be declared open by His Excellency, President Muhammadu Buhari (GCFR), who will be the Special Guest at the occasion.
Therefore, we are pleased to invite Participants who wish to present papers at the event to submit abstracts that would address the theme and aspect of the sub-themes. The abstracts should be maximum of 250 words and can be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for submission is 7th October 2021.
Authors of accepted Abstracts will be notified. For further inquiry, kindly contact email@example.com or +2348035905311.